Monday, October 05, 2015

Fall Colours or All Souls' Day ~ One Sweet Challenge October theme


Hi everyone! It's the first Monday of the month and that means that a brand new challenge is beginning for One Sweet Challenge. Our October theme is Fall Colours or All Souls Day. Autumn is my favourite season so that's what I went with for my mixed media page. I love the fabulous colours of the trees and bushes, especially the maples and sumacs.


I chose to feature Molly Harrison's Star and Moon Fairy from Sweet Pea Stamps colouring her with my Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. I used gel pens to colour the tiny dots on her skirt, hair, and on the moon. Star Fairy was cut out leaving a narrow white border and was then matted with brown cardstock. It was then trimmed out again and popped up on foam tape.


The background started as a 6 x 8 inch rectangle of mixed media paper. Yellow Rose of Texas and Marigold Yellow Orange Lindy's Starburst sprays were spritzed on the background. Hag's Wart orange was sprayed through Dylusions Blocks stencil and then it was flipped and cleaned off on another area. Drips were encouraged by tilting the background. Using my mop-up atcs and a maple leaf punch, I cut fall coloured leaves which shimmer because of the mica in the sprays. These were adhered to the background and popped up on foam to overlap the base of Star Fairy's skirt.


The word Autumn was created with Idea-ology AlphaTiles and "the sweetest thing" with an Idea-ology rub-on. A brown Micron pen was used to create a scribbly border and the entire piece was matted with brown cardstock to frame it and add strength to the background.

Thanks for joining Star Fairy and me today. We appreciate your fine company. To see the other amazing projects created by my talented DT teamies, please pop over to the One Sweet Challenge  blog. We would love to have you join us  for our Fall Colours or All Souls' Day Challenge during the month of October.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

2 comments:

CaroleAnn said...

This is a wonderful piece of artwork. I just find myself staring at it in awe!!! Absolutely love what you did with the background and the image is colored to perfection. All the fine details to look at!!! Autumn just pops off your card! Love it! Hugs

Anonymous said...

I love the intense colors. You really rocked the coloring on this image! Just gorgeous.

Evelyn