Monday, July 20, 2015

One Sweet Challenge July Reminder Post


Hi all. For the month of July the theme at One Sweet Challenge is Christmas in July. Today's project is another Christmas card which is a bonus since I always start to make them later than I intend. At least I will have two finished...LOL. I chose to feature Molly Harrison's Yule Fairy available at Sweet Pea Stamps. I loved colouring the wonderful folds in her dress skirt. Yum!


I coloured Yule Fairy with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils adding gold metallic pen to her dress trim. Diamond Stickles were applied to her wings to create magical sparkle. I also painted the two ornaments with mica watercolour paint, again to add shine and elegance to the project. Colour was added to the outside edges of the image by applying Tumbled Glass Distress ink.


The background of the card was kept simple so that the beautiful image could take center stage. A dark blue textured rectangle was adhered to a white card base. The image was matted with a metallic layer of copper metallic cardstock, repeating the colour of one of the ornaments. A photo corner was punched from the dark blue cardstock and placed in the upper right corner to balance out the two sparkly ornament stickers placed in the lower left corner. A third sticker from the same collection was used to overlap one of the image ornaments, tying the background to the image and completing the card.

Thanks for joining Yule Fairy and me today. We are always delighted to have you stop by. To see the other fabulous creations by my talented teamies, pop over to the One Sweet Challenge blog. We would love to have you join our Christmas in July challenge which runs to the end of the month. Trust me...it's never too early to start your Christmas cards.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

DonnaMundinger said...

Yum is right! Gorgeous, coloring! Love the additional baubles you've added to the design, as well. xxD