Friday, February 20, 2015

Wink ~ New Diva Lisa release at The East Wind


Hi everyone. It's Friday which means another new release at The East Wind. This time Unky has created a Diva Lisa image called "You". I really love this character both for her joie de vivre and her spunk.


I coloured Lisa with Prismacolor pencils and a few Polychromos for shading the skin. Her gold buttons and belt buckle were added with acrylic paint both for the shine and the dimension it adds. Diva Lisa was then fussy cut, matted in black cardstock, and trimmed out again. Foam squares were added to the back of the image for dimension.



I spritzed the mixed media paper with Afternoon Delight Denim and Tibetan Poppy Teal Starburst Sprays from Lindy's Stamp Gang. This time I was successful in leaving some white space...lol. Usually I start out with that as a plan but it quickly goes by the wayside as I fill more and more of the  background.


I added some stencilling by scraping white embossing paste through TCW's Mini Sketch Grid. I like how it picked up some of the spray colours, tinting it slightly. Once that was dry, some starry washi tape was applied to white cardstock and then trimmed out. This makes the tape opaque so that the pattern is more distinct and the background does not show through. These torn sections of tape were embellished with black enamel dots.


The sentiment, from Create With TLC, was printed on white cardstock, trimmed and matted with black cardstock. The word Wink was created with Ransom Alpha Parts and was adhered with Glossy Accents. The finishing touches were the black photo corner for balance, the black matting of the page, and some black stamped scatter dots from a Joggles background stamp. I didn't even doodle a border or outline anything...clean and simple (my version, anyway) all the way. Go me! That doesn't happen very often, believe me.

Thanks for visiting today. Lisa and I appreciate your fine company. To see some fabulous creations using this awesome image, Diva Lisa "You", from others on The East Wind DT check out our Facebook group. We would love to see what you create with her, too.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: